CMRC provides group home and supported housing services designed to assist individuals with Serious Mental Illness in making the transition to independent living in a community setting. The Supervised Living Program provides services to forty-eight (48) adult men and women who reside in four group homes on the CMRC campus. The Supported Living Program provides services to twenty-four (24) individuals that do not require close supervision, but benefit from moderate levels of on-going support and structure as they work to generalize the skills, routines, and positive behaviors they have acquired and to develop increased confidence in their ability to succeed in an independent living environment. These individuals reside in twelve two-bedroom duplex apartments located on the east side of the CMRC campus.
Individuals in both programs participate in various daily activities for self-care and care of the home environment that include housekeeping chores and meal preparation. Psycho-educational and skills-training groups, case management, individual psychotherapy, and medication management are provided to address individual needs. Individuals also receive assistance and encouragement to access resources in the community for employment, school / educational pursuits, outpatient treatment options available through other providers, volunteer work, vocational training programs, and other meaningful activities that will facilitate the achievement of their personal goals.
1. Twenty-one (21) years of age or older;
2. Primary psychiatric diagnosis of a serious mental illness;
3. Negative Urinary Drug Analysis on date of admission; positive results are evaluated on a case by case basis. Individual must express a desire/intention to maintain sobriety;
4. Have no pending legal charges;
5. Psychiatrically stable with no recent serious suicidal or homicidal ideation/actions;
6. Exhibits need for the level of support and structure provided by the Supervised or Supported Living Programs;
7. Desire / Willingness to participate in structured, meaningful activities of daily living, educational programming and/or vocational training/activities;
8. Willingness to abide by terms of the CMRC Program Contract and Supervised Living Program Rent/Lease Agreement.